Customer model builds
I build customized orders for private collectors and museums. The projects range from out-of-box projects (out-of-box as defined by IPMS rules, basic box kit, no after-market parts) to full scale conversions into a specific subject with special markings. Given the wide range of possibilities and budgets, I do not have a fixed rate so please write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a project quote.
For aircraft, I divide my offerings into 3 options:
– Out-of-box build using only parts supplied in a basic kit including the decal options as supplied
– Includes complete painting of interior cockpit details and exterior
– Includes painting of the pilot figure only if supplied with the kit
– The quality of paintwork and finishing is never compromised
Superior Collector Option:
– All of the collector option plus full photoetch detailing of the cockpit interior
– Superior paintwork includes aluminum metallic undercoating
– Pine wood plinth base with simulated tarmac. For grassy or ground effect, additional charges apply.
– Additional ground crew figures may be added at additional cost
– Specific unit decals
Museum Quality Option:
– All of superior collector option with full photoetch details for cockpit interior and exterior wheelwells, flaps and control surfaces
– Engine detail available upon request
– Cherry or oak plinth base with simulated tarmac, grass or ground effect
– Highly customized decals and artwork can be provided by Modelworks
– Any other special details can be negotiated
– CD of pictures showing construction of the model available upon request
For ships, only Museum Quality option is available either in full hull or waterline.